The Lore Law Firm represents auto accident victims and their families throughout Texas and the United States. We are a national law firm that is based in Houston, Texas and we offer car accident victims and the families who suffered an auto accident fatality quality representation. When you retain our services, you will have an experienced advocate who is watching out for your interests and will provide you with the accurate information and sound advice you need to make informed decisions. We may also be able to assist you with cash advances to help cover medical and living expenses while your case is pending.
What You Should Do If You Have Had an Auto Accident
For your information, some of the steps we recommend you consider if you have been involved in an auto accident, or if a family member has been involved in a car crash, are listed below:
- Stay at the Scene: You should not leave an auto accident scene. If you have been involved in a car crash, it is best to wait until an officer has told you that you can leave.
- Safeguard the Injured: After a car accident, check to see if anyone is injured. If there are injuries, you should ask the person if they require help and contact an ambulance and the police. If the person is unconscious or a child, try to help them if you can; however, do not move the injured person unless they are in immediate danger.
- Obtain Information: Obtain the other driver’s name, driver’s license number, insurance information and license plate number. Make sure to get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any potential witnesses. Getting a business card should provide you with information that you may need later. If possible, obtain the contact information and the incident number from the investigating officer. Note where the accident occurred and write down what you remember about the accident. If you have a camera, take photos. You should try to recall as much as you can and write it down while the information is still fresh in your mind. Do not share your notes with anyone until after you consult an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Answer the police officer’s questions and report only the facts; do not speculate or make assumptions.
- Get Medical Care: Even if you feel alright, it is best to get checked out by a medical professional. In some cases, injuries can be present but not manifest themselves until a later time.
- Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer: You need to ensure your interests are protected and you fully understand whether you have a claim and the value of that claim. An experienced car accident attorney can ensure you do not say or do anything that could be misinterpreted and unknowingly jeopardize your claim as well as help you understand your options and recover fair and just compensation for your injuries or loss.
Please remember, there are time limitations in which you can bring a claim for injury or death from a car or auto accident, so contact an experienced lawyer today.